Monday, July 27, 2009

Projects OTN

My son-in-law Ryan requested a pair of socks for his birthday. At the time, he knew they would be a bit late as I had project deadlines looming. Ryan didn't mind; it's not like he's going to be wearing them anytime soon as we are in the Dog Days of Summer. Now, I have one OTN and I am enjoying knitting them Thursdays at Market Street DayKnitters. I really do enjoy knitting for someone specific at times; especially if they are excited to be getting something knitted. So, below are a few pictures of Ryan's sock. It's not quite a "neverending sock like Joe's is; but I am glad to be knitting it on the small circular so I can pick up some speed on the foot now. The yarn is Lana Grossa. (no matter how hard I try, I even have each project in a separate basket, I still misplace yarn labels - I am sure I will find it on my knitting table somewhere)
Close up of the cuff - of 2 X 2 Ribbing
Yarn and Beginning on the Small Circ
Close Up of the Heel
Another -
There we go - all 9" of ribbing
Next -
This is the short row shawl I have been working on while I was a bit "under the weather". It was relaxing to knit something I really didn't have to think about AND was turning out gorgeous! I have thoroughly gotten into this shawl adding an ample hood onto it. Now, I am working to make a hood in a non-traditional way. In other words, I don't want to just sew a seam across the top of my head front to back! It's been a labor of love with no anxieties since it's for me! I have written everything down as I am sure I will want to do this again. It will have beading around the face of the hood. The next one will have some yarn over details and beading between the short row designs.
Close Up of the Colorway
I have been knitting this while it is literally "hot as Hell" here in Houston. I daydream about how much I am going to enjoy wearing this when Fall finally does arrive. Even though I love Summer, I was daydreaming about fireplace weather just yesterday. (I know I am going to knit matching handwarmers to go with this)

No comments: