Friday, July 18, 2008

Adding to My Stash

I have been spending my knitting time working on a sock designed especially for the 12" circ. You can use stitch patterns that are easier to keep track of on a circ as opposed to dps. It is pretty much worked out as I am knitting a sock from the pattern and I am very pleased with the way it looks! it is called Galvez. I really want to knit something else now. You know, something really easy :O). There won't be any pictures of the sock posted here until the pattern is posted on Ravelry.

After going to Spring Beads in Old Town Spring (which is a GREAT bead shop, BTW, Barbara (barbiegirl) and I casually stopped in at Twisted Yarns. You can't just drive by your LYS without stopping; every knitter knows that. I didn't need yarn but I have been casually stashing some Manos that I
LOVE; not sure what I wanted to knit with it. Anyway, we are looking at sock yarns and there is a cute little shawl hanging there knit out of sock yarn. Barbara comments on how great it would look with jeans. Sooooo, she bought the book, Folk Shawls by Cheryl Oberle, and sent it home with me.


We needed 3 skeins of Silk Garden sock yarn to make the Litla Dimun Shawl
. The Silk Garden sock yarn came in and we went to pick up ours. My choice of Silk Garden sock yarn is pictured below. It is softer than the Noro sock yarn that we have all been knitting with.





While at Twisted Yarns, we cruised on over to the Noro area. Shelly had knitted the Circle Vest in Silk Knits (I have that book and have been wanting to knit the Circle Vest). It looks gorgeous! I shouldn't have tried it on; it is so cute on! She had knit it in Noro Taiyo - a cotton blend Noro yarn pictured below. So, naturally, I left with some of that too, along with a Manos pattern booklet.







This is Blue Heron's beaded rayon. I am taking this on our trip to knit while riding. It's a shawl, can't remember the name of the pattern (I am going to borrow Barbara's book), and I am hoping to bead some fringe. I am wondering if these beads are too big for fringe?


1 comment:

Twisted Knitter said...

The Galvez sock is SO pretty! I'll go look at it on Ravelry.

LOVE all the yarny goodness in the photo too.

Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. Enjoy your road trip and vacation!