Thursday, January 10, 2008

Back to Joe's Handwarmers

Happily, I can say that the Maizy Twisted Rib Sock Pattern was sent to Crystal Palace Yarns yesterday. It should be up on their blog as a free pattern soon.

I have really enjoyed knitting Joe's handwarmers and hat. It's just a basic pattern which means not really having to think about it much except to measure every now and then. And...the yarn is a pleasure to knit - American Buffalo. It has a lanolin feel to it; not too much to be icky - just soft. The picture is deceiving - as this is a BIG handwarmer. It is as one of my girlfriends noted - man-size.

So, while I was at it - I decided to knit a hat too. Hats are just so much fun to knit! It is a basic hat pattern. I measured his head; multiplied that # by my sts per in and cast on. (It was a considerable cast on # since this is sock yarn weight). This is a generous hat meaning it's not going to be real tight on the head. So, now Joe has a pair of gloves with a matching hat in case it ever turns cold enough that he will want to wear them.

No comments: