Monday, January 21, 2008

Kim's Handwarmers

I have become disenchanted with the Jitterbug colorway that I was knitting. It reminds me of camouflage; I hate camo. It has been put in the corner until maybe forever.

This is Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Lakeview. I have had this yarn for awhile. To be honest, while we had the shop, 100gr of nearly every sock yarn that came in the shop door; went back out the door and home with me. That is one of the perks of being the YSO! There were only a few colors that didn't make it to the house. I had to really not like it at all AND think that no family member would ever want anything knit with it.



Kim came after Thanksgiving and picked this yarn from my stash for her handwarmers. I do love knitting with Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock. These pictures show the colors fairly true and it is beautiful.


I have realized that there are some things I can be obsessive about. Saturday while vacuuming the living room; I sucked up one of those little Clover stitch markers. You know, the little green and purple rubbery ones that come in two sizes. I LOVE those things; especially the smaller size. The smaller size is perfect for sock yarn knitting. Anyway, I realized what it was just at the moment the vacuum sucked it up! Now, I know I have gazillions of those. I couldn't leave it alone in all that dirt and dog hair; destined to the garbage can. I had to dig through the dirt container and find the damned thing. Poor little guy; he was so glad to get back into the bag with his siblings.

No comments: